The Texas department of health and human services is currently allocating COVID-19 vaccines to patients in Phase 1B. Patients who meet Phase 1B criteria include the following:
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
The following is how to be notified when COVID-19 vaccine appointments are open so you can get an appointment for yourself or your loved one who meets the 1B criteria.
Sign up for a Houston emergency alert notification at https://houstonemergency.org/alerts
For the type of alert, select “Houston Recovers”. Once appointments open up, you will be notified by text message. Once you are notified, register immediately as the slots are usually taken up within a few minutes of the alerts going out. Once you register, you will receive a text message and an email which will contain a QR code and a unique identifier ID number. Save these. You will be contacted within a few days to schedule the actual appointment date and time.
You can also get on the waiting list at Next Level urgent care and continue to check with your local area pharmacies like HEB and Randalls pharmacies.
To learn more about Katy Premier Primary Care, visit our website at https://www.katyppc.com, call us at (281) 978 2624 or visit our Facebook page.